Enjoy your Holiday by Managing your Body Weight
Cookies, egg, pies, cakes, wafers are the general items that people stumble upon while watching movies or spending free time during holidays. Ultimately, this result is weight gain. It’s no wonder that people believe that they may gain weight in holidays, but by abounding certain foods and without dumping healthier habits.
With the point of view of the researchers from National Institutes of Health, people usually put on about a pound of weight during the holiday season each day. The actual complication is here that this weight gain during annual holiday may tally up over the coming years and finally lead to obesity.
Hence, nutritional experts say that it is extremely essential to observe what you eat; although you should also bear in mind that weakening the cart once during the holidays really doesn’t denote that you ought to give up on healthy foodstuffs and maintain your weight for the complete season.
Simple tricks to Avoid Weight Gain on Holidays:-
- Embark upon a plan for a buffet table. Surveying for the buffet table would be the best option so that you can pick the things you want and also in the limited quantity you require.
- Stay away from the hors d’oeuvres. Hors d’oeuvres are the food items that are served before the main course of actual meal. Experts say that if you are near them, you will fail to stop yourself from having one but if stand away from them then expectantly you won’t eat much.
- Have something before you plan for a party. People starve for the whole day as they believe that this can save some of their calories. But this is actually a myth and nightmare as well, because in such cases you may end up eating even more because you are hungry.
- See that you pick a healthy diet for you keeping your weight in mind. If you planning to go at someone’s place for buffet or potluck, then you by your own offer for low calorie or low fat food. Be the one to say, “I’ll bring salad or vegetable”.
- Go for the leftover battle. If you are inviting your friends at your home for the part, send everyone with the leftovers. On the other side, if you are going at others place for meal then don’t depart with leftovers.
- Rather gulping down too much of food, keep yourself busy in talking. Experts believe this as the best option to avoid eating too much at parties during holidays.
- Do not fail to keep up your daily routine of exercise during holiday. This will help you out in relieving stress during holiday, burn out extra calories and to stay away from weight gain.
Above all, watch the proportion of food you intake. Remember, in spite of weight gain you can enjoy your foodies but use your head a little before you gulp down any stuffs.