Health Complications of STD infections for Women
STD’s are also known as sexually transmitted disease which itself indicates that they spreads through sexual contact. It can trigger both men as well as women. The most common STD’s seen in women includes Bacterial Vaginosis, Crabs or Pubic Lice, Gonorrhea, Thrush, Genital warts, Hepatitis, Herpes, Syphilis, Chlamydia and many more.
Here are some health problems that are triggered with STD infections:-
- Infertility: At their most brutal case, untreated STDs can cause infertility problems in women. STDs have equivalent opportunity sterilizers, as unlike women even men can become sterile as a result of gonorrhea infections or chlamydia.
- Brain function and heart disease: If the condition of syphilis is kept untreated it may lead to neurological and cardiovascular problems.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID): Four out of ten women who are infected with chlamydia and are untreated can lead to problems such as infertility, ectopic pregnancy or pelvic pain. Even untreated gonorrhea condition can cause PID.
- Ectopic pregnancy: This sort of pregnancy trouble occurs due to STD like gonorrhea or chlamydia. In this case, the scarring of a woman’s reproductive organs can implant the fertilized egg that causes them to grow outside.
- Infection may pass on to the newborns: A women who is carrying or pregnant with untreated HIV, syphilis, hepatitis B, herpes or virus may carry these infections on to their infants. Not only this, other problems such as birth defects, premature birth, death shortly after birth, stillbirth, and in the little one is infected with HIV, it would be a lifetime disease.
- Cervical cancer: Most crucial and chronic condition of STD can be cervical cancers. This is generally caused by a type of sexually contracted disease like the human papilloma virus (HPV which further may even cause genital warts.
- Increased hazards of HIV transmission: Researches revealed that STD problems such as gonorrhea chlamydia make it easier for a woman to fall prey to severe health problem like HIV. A chance of triggering such infection is only if she gets sexually exposed.
- Death: Untreated HIV and syphilis infections can eventually lead a women death.