Negative Health Aspects Of Medifast Weight Loss Diet
Medifast diet plan has been extremely popularized among the obese people who are striving hard to lose their extra pounds. It is a prepackaged meal substitute diet that includes foods and liquids such as puddings, shakes, bars, soups etc. By doing this, you can intake a whole week low calorie food. However, medifast food has to be taken five times a day with a liberty to eat greens and lean meat as the sixth meal as per your preferences.
Researchers claim that medifast helps in losing about 20 pounds of extra mass that too within a month. The principle of this diet regime is to consume low calories per day; the body uses the stored fats for its energy necessities and also preserves the muscle mass.
All medifast weight loss diet is fortified with vital minerals and vitamins. Many of these foods are gluten free. This diet regime is seen effective amongst many of them, but there are many of them who have even complained about the side effects of medifast diet. Below, you can learn some side effects of procuring medifast weight loss diet.
Negative effects of Medifast Diet For losing weight:
- Dizziness and tiredness:- In the beginning stage, many people have complaints of feeling dizzy or tired. This happens because of the body adjustment to low calorie foods.
- Headache:- During first week, it is common to undergo severe headache problems. This is due to the fat burning process in the body. Consult your doctor if headache persists for a long span of time.
- Constipation, gas and diarrhea: – In the initial phase you might experience digestive disturbance which is actually attributed due to the alterations in food pattern.
- Irregularities in Menstrual cycle: – Fast dieting plans can cause mount up the level of estrogen in the blood which may likely disturb the normal menstrual cycle.
- Leg cramps: as medifast integrates low calorie plan there are occurrence of leg cramps because of low potassium level. Though, medifast bouillon cubes or soup have been identified to perk up the level of potassium in the body. But simultaneously dieters should also know that high potassium level can have an effect on the functioning of your heart. Thus, you should always have a word with your doctor before starting such diets.
- Hair loss:– Hair loss is also one of the common concerning problem that most of them might face because of Medifast Diet
- Coldness: – As a result of low calorie consumption one might feel cold.
- Skin rashes:- skin rashes might be the outcome or adverse effects to the ingredients present in this diet