The Hazardous Effects Of Passive Smoking
Smoke stays up in the air
When somebody enjoys his or her cigarette, the smoke from the burning tip of the stick stays up in the air and here is why the smoker breathes out. Smoke can stay in the air for almost two or three hours and it might be still three even if you cannot see it with your naked eyes. This also takes place in few enclosed places such as cars. Smoke might be still be present in big amounts even after the individual has put off his smoke.
Health Risks of passive smoking
Passive smoking can even injure your entire body health as secondhand smoke contains more than 3,500 pollutants and chemicals where many of these are identified as the biggest risk to cause cancer. This type of dreadful health disorder contains every form of tobacco which is very harmful that includes:
- Pipe tobacco
- Hand rolling tobacco
Everyday contact to other people’s smoke can give a rise to the risk of lung cancer even if you do not smoke.
Passive smoking even increases the danger of smoking based conditions which take account of:
- Coronary heart disease
- Heart attacks
- Severe pain in the chest
- Heart failure
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Inflammation of the lungs
Kids with passive smoking
- Breathing in secondhand smoke is in particular injurious to kids. Children who inhale secondhand smoke show and developed risk of:
- Sudden infant death which is even called as cot death and is something expected in babies where their mothers smoke.
- Putting up with asthma can even show its way to asthma attacks in kids who have previously suffered with this same condition.
- Grave respiratory health conditions such as pneumonia and bronchitis are even much expected in kids and this on the other hand requires the kid to be admitted in hospital for a serious respiratory infection.
- Coughs and flu
- Middle ear disease that can cause hearing loss as well
Kids who grow up with such hereditary disorder from the family itself are even seen to begin with smoking later in their life. If you are one of those who smoke, then it would be really tough to make your kid understand on why they shouldn’t put up with smoking. This is why it is important to quit smoking and lead a smoke free life. This will only improve your health as well as your kids and the possibility of their smoking will cut down rapidly.
In the year 2008, smoking in public places such as restaurants and office places was made prohibiting or unlawful in order to protect non-smokers from the health dangers linked with passive smoking.