Treating Hair Loss Problems Among Kids
Frustrating problems of hair loss doesn’t simply affect the older generation. It can also occur to your own little one. There are different reasons that can trigger hair fall problems in children. This includes side effects of certain medications, including ringworm or being diagnosed with areata or alopecia. However, once you get acquainted with the root cause of this complication, treating hair loss can be quite simple procedure.
Below give in the simple steps that you can follow to treat hair fall problems in children:-
- Determine the actual reason behind hair fall problem. The fungus induced reason for hair loss can be ringworm. This can lead to red large abscesses on the scalp or can also trigger broken hair problems. Alopecia areata is another health condition wherein sudden circular spots pop up in your little one’s scalp. Apart from this, thyroid disease, uncontrolled diabetes or hormonal imbalances not only causes certain illness but can also be initiated with hair fall problems.
- Go through the labels on your kid’s medications. Some pills that have been prescribed to your child like acne medication can lead to hair fall. Thus, it is always better to consult your concerning doctor as ask for new prescription.
- Restyle the hair of your child. Some sorts of hair styles or hair treatment can be the reason for hair fall. Coloring, straightening or permming hair can make hair become chemically damaged. This ultimately makes the hair fragile and easily breakable. Apart from this, pulling out locks tightly can cause tension on the scalp can also hurt and damage your hair follicles.
- Also have a check on the nutrition habits of your child. Poor nutrition or unhealthy foods can cause the hair follicles to miss out the essential minerals, vitamins and proteins to keep up hair growth. Some children who are vegetarian doesn’t get adequate amount of proteins required to fulfill every bodily needs. In such cases, make sure you pursue a better and healthy diet for your child.
- Use anti-fungal shampoos if the hair fall is due to ringworm. Again, consulting your physician can help out with the treatment plan.
- Have patients and wait for re-growth. Generally after the health complication is diagnosed and treated, hair starts to grow back. However, in fewer cases, further treatment may be required.
Other than this, make sure your child’s diet consists of fresh fruits and vegetables required to build up better health and improved hair fall problems.