What are the sexual transmitted diseases?
Had it ever happened that your sexual pleasure has turned into a nightmare with just a mere thought of HIV/AIDS? We all are scared about HIV/AIDS as this is the most commonly known sexual transmitted disease. But, this is not the only one and you don’t get it by just indulging in any sexual activity.
There are various myths and confusions which revolve around sexual transmitted diseases (STDs). This happens as we are not aware about it at all. We haven’t spared a thought of finding out the details about all these diseases and how they travel from one body to another.
- Chlamydia Infection: It is a disease which is caused due to bacteria. It is caused by sexually coming in contact with the person who’s suffering from it. Both; men and women; can have this disease. Normally, it doesn’t show any symptoms but sometimes you can get burning sensation when you urinate or abnormal discharge in penis or in vagina. In men, it affects the tube which carries sperm and in women can get infertility and serious pregnancy problems. If a child gets it through mother then he/she may have eye problem or pneumonia. It is advisable for women to go for regular check-up for this. This can be treated with antibiotics.
- Gonorrhea: It is the most common disease in teens and young adults. It is caused by bacteria which affects your genital tract, mouth or anus. It doesn’t have a symptom, especially in women. Men can have burning sensation while you urinate or discharge for penis. If not treated on time, this could lead to infertility. Women would have bleeding between periods, burning sensation while urinating and increased discharge from vagina. In women also, it can cause infertility and problems during pregnancy. The best good part is it is curable with antibiotics.
- Genital Herpes: It is a disease caused by the virus herpes simplex. It spreads through oral, anal and vaginal sex. It causes pain in your genital or rectal, thighs and buttocks. It sores at the area where the virus is present. Normally, people ignore it with no symptom or mild symptoms. The new born babies and people with less immune are the most affected by this virus. It can’t be cured but you can help your body to fight this virus.
- HPV: HPV is Human papillomaviruses. There are almost 100 types of HVP, mostly harmless but 30 out these can put you at the risk of cancer. They are considered as low risk; which would cause genital warts, and high-risk which would lead you to the cancer. Some get the symptoms of warts whereas others don’t. The only option available is the removal of warts.
- Syphilis: Caused by bacteria, this affects anus, mouth, lips and genital area in both men and women. In early stages, you might feel a single, small painless sore. But if not treated, it can grow to non-itchy skin rash. This makes your body to get HIV easily. It can is curable through antibiotics.
- Trichomoniasis: It is caused by the parasite and the symptoms are more common in women even if affects both genders. A women suffering from it would face green or yellow discharge from the vagina, itching in and near to the vagina and discomfort while urinating. In men, although the symptoms are less, it can cause irritation inside the penis. It is curable through antibiotics.
- HIV/AIDS: HIV stands for human immunodeficiency virus. The first thing it does is it destroys the immune system. AIDS is for acquired immunodeficiency syndrome. This is the advanced stage of HIV. The initials symptoms are swollen glands and flu-like symptoms. This can stretch for a month or two after infection. Whereas severe symptoms might not show up for months and even years. It spreads through unprotected sex, or sharing the drug needle or blood. There is no cure but medicines might help you to fight with it.
Our life is a gift. It is important that whenever we get into any sexual activity with anyone, we use condom. This small pleasure of life can turn into a nightmare if you’re not aware. So, make sure that you play safe and be safe.