- One may experience the effect of this medicine after few minutes of consumption
- The effect lasts long for around four to six hours
- Men can surely get rid of ED by using this generic drug and lead a more satisfactory life
- The main advantage of using Caverta is that it works exactly as same as its branded counterpart with identical efficacy
- It is relatively cheaper than the branded counterpart
- It is easily available here, that too at some pocket-friendly price
Pharmacologically, the drug of Caverta i.e. Sildenafil Citrate is termed as PDE5-inhibitor. That means, after oral administration of this medicine, the enzyme PDE5 (phosphodiesterase type five) is inhibited. Once this enzyme is reduced, the other potent compounds of the body such as cyclic Guanosine Monophosphate and Nitric Oxide are significantly raised. When these chemicals are enhanced, the overall blood circulation is improved. The blood flow in the penile organ is increased, so that it can experience rigidity for satisfactory vaginal penetration. This is how Caverta works in allowing men to achieve stronger erection for longer duration.
A dose of 100 mg Caverta is enough to restore normal blood flow in the penile shaft. However, it is imperative to ask the medical advisor regarding the exact dose, because few older men may require 50 mg to reap the benefits of the drug. In short, the dosage depends on few factors like age, susceptibility and body’s response.
How and when to use?
- One should use Caverta exactly as directed by the healthcare professional
- Take the pill orally with a glass full of water without crushing or breaking it
- The prescribed dose should be taken nearly 45 minutes before planning the sexual activity
- Alcohol, fatty meal and energy drinks can hamper the drug absorption process to great extent, hence avoid them
- Consume the advised dose only once in a time span of 24 hours
What happens if you skip the dose?
Caverta should be used only when it is required. For instance, if you plan to have sexual activity, take the dose 45 minutes prior to that. If at all you want to take the next dose, make sure it is taken 24 hours after the previous dose. It is highly essential to keep a gap of 24 hours between two doses to avert overdose.
What to do in case of overdose?
Overdosing with Caverta can lead to severe drug reactions and unwanted symptoms. So if you exceed the dose and experience undesirable symptoms, immediately get in touch with the nearest doctor for medical intervention. Hence, men should be careful with the dosage part.
Where to store this medicine?
One should store this generic medicine in a safest place at room temperature. It should be kept in a cool, dry place and away from direct heat or sunlight. Caverta is not meant for children and women; hence, it should be kept away from them.
What are the safety measures?
- Before using Caverta, inform basic health-related issues
- Inform about medicinal allergies, past/present medical history and undergoing treatment
- While using this generic medicine, one may feel little giddy, so it is advisable to stay indoors after taking the dose
- One should not eat grapefruits along with this medicine
Side Effects of
- Hot flashes
- Skin rashes
- Blurry vision
- Swelling of face, lips and tongue
These are few common side effects of Caverta that may or may not occur after taking the dose. However, if they prevail, straight away call the healthcare expert for emergency medical service.
What are the contraindications?
Caverta is contraindicated in men who suffer from following medical conditions
- Cardiovascular disease
- Neurological disorders
- Liver/kidney aliments
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- Peyronie’s disease (penile organ deformity)
Men under nitrates therapy are recommended not to use this medicine, because unwanted symptoms are experienced if nitrate is taken along with this generic ED drug.
Other drugs that interact with Caverta –
Caverta may interact with other therapeutic drugs and produce drug reactions. Drugs that interact haphazardly with this generic medicine are antidepressants, antihypertensive drugs, nitrates, antibiotics, antivirals and anti-epileptic drugs.