- With the help of Silagra, men can definitely achieve harder erection
- Men can perform satisfactory sexual intercourse for desirable amount of time
- They can lead a more happy and healthy life
- Being a generic medication, it is very cheap than its branded counterpart
- The effect is experienced within few minutes and lasts long for around six hours
Typically, erection is a process when a man’s penile organ becomes sensitive and receives adequate amount of blood to get erect. This process occurs when he undergoes sexual stimulation. While in ED, the blood flow to the penile organ is greatly hampered due to vasoconstriction or narrowing of blood vessels. Hence, it is essential to increase the blood flow in the sexual tool to promote an erection process.
Silagra, with the help of its active component Sildenafil Citrate, increases the blood flow by dilating the vital arteries of erectile tissues. It does so by reducing a specific enzyme known as phosphodiesterase type five (PDE5). When this enzyme is reduced, the body automatically experiences enhancement in Nitric Oxide and cyclic Guanosine Monophosphate, the chemicals responsible for elevating blood flow in the erectile tissues. This is how Silagra works in helping men attain an erection that sustains for a longer period of time.
The dosage part of Silagra is very crucial, as it often depends on the person’s age and response. For example, a 50 mg dose is enough for older men, while middle-aged men require 100 mg Silagra. Therefore, to know about the dosage and directions, ask the healthcare practitioner, who can explain you appropriately.
How and when to use?
- Use Silagra after having a word with the medical professional for proper directions
- Take the pill approximately 60 minutes before planning to have sexual activity
- Consume the pill by mouth with a glass full of water
- Do not break or crush the tablet before consumption, as doing so may reduce the drug efficacy
- Avoid alcohol and fatty meal during dosage for proper assimilation
What happens if you skip the dose?
Silagra is a kind of medicine that is to be taken only when it is needed. That means, one should take this medicine whenever there is an urge to perform sexual intercourse. But it is highly imperative to take only one dose in a time span of 24 hours.
What to do in case of overdose?
Any medicinal drug overdose can produce unwanted symptoms and Silagra is no exception. Self-abuse and overdose with this generic medication are strictly prohibited, because they can lead to severe medical complications. If one is subjected to overdose, immediately call the doctor for emergency medical assistance.
Where to store this medicine?
When it comes to storing Silagra, one should be very careful. It should be stored away from children and women, because it is not meant for them. Plus, this generic medicine is ought to kept in a cool, dry place, away from moisture and heat.
What are the safety measures?
- Before using Silagra, inform following health issues (if any)
- Medicinal allergies
- Past or present medical illnesses
- Undergoing treatment with prescription or OTC drugs and herbal supplements
- While using Silagra, do not indulge in risky activities like driving or riding, because mild dizziness is pretty common after consuming the pill
- Grapefruits and alcohol are strictly prohibited during dosage
Side Effects of
- Blurry vision
- Hot flashes
- Chest pain
- Skin rashes
These are few potential side effects of Silagra, which may or may not occur after taking the dose. If these unwanted symptoms trouble you, immediately stop the sexual activity and call the doctor right away for medical intervention.
What are the contraindications?
In few unfortunate patients, therapeutic drugs are contraindicated, including Silagra. That’s because such patients suffer from prolonged illnesses like,
- End stage kidney or liver disease
- Severe heart complaints
- Brain disorders
- Penile deformities
- Chronic medical history of hypertension
- Past history of convulsions and stroke
Other drugs that interact with Silagra –
Silagra may interact with other drugs haphazardly, such as nitrates, antidepressants, antihypertensive agents, seizure medications, higher antibiotics and antivirals. Hence, it is highly recommended to inform healthcare practitioner about the undergoing treatment before using this generic ED drug.