- Tadalafil, its active component is the longest acting PDE-5 inhibitor with a duration of action of 36 hours.
- The action of this medicine is seen within 20 minutes after taking the medicine orally.
- This medication helps men to enjoy long-lasting sexual intercourse.
- It is obtainable at a cheaper rate as compared to its branded counterpart.
- This medication is to be taken only when required.
- Its active constituent, Tadalafil is more potent than Sildenafil citrate, the other impotence drug.
During sexual arousal, there is a release of nitric oxide (NO) in the penile region. This triggers the synthesis of cGMP inside the penile region, resulting in the smooth muscle relaxation and dilation of the blood vessels. The dilated blood vessels are broader in size and thus they carry more amount of blood to the penile organ.
Tadalafil, the active constituent of Tadaga 40mg prevents the degradation of cGMP by hindering the action of the PDE-5 enzyme, which is present in abundance inside the penile region. Thus, cGMP levels in the penile region are increased, which ultimately produces a firm and strong penile erection required for satisfactory sexual intercourse.
The dosage of this medicine will be different for every person. Tadaga 40mg is available in various strengths. The most commonly prescribed dose is 10mg. According to your medical history, present health condition, the degree of erectile dysfunction and response to treatment, your doctor will prescribe you the correct dose.
How and when to use?
- Take Tadaga 40mg only after consulting your physician.
- Administer this medication by mouth with a glass of water.
- Tadaga 40mg can be consumed with or without food as it does not interfere with the absorption of its active component, Tadalafil.
- Keep a gap of 24 hours in between two doses of Tadaga 40mg to avoid unpleasant reactions.
- Take this medication approximately half an hour before indulging in sexual intercourse.
- Do not crush, chew or break the tablet, so that the correct dose reaches your body.
What happens if you skip the dose?
If you skip the dose, there is no need to panic. These oral tablets are to be consumed only as and when required, that too 30 minutes before having sexual intercourse. It is not meant for regular use. So, skipping a dose will not make any difference.
What to do in case of overdose?
If you are suffering serious symptoms such as trouble breathing or passing out, you can contact the poison control center or your health care provider at once.
Where to store this medicine?
These oral tablets are to be stored at room temperature away from excessive heat and moisture. Do not place these oral tablets in the bathroom. Keep these oral tablets out of reach of children and pets.
What are the safety measures?
- Carefully read and follow all the directions for use mentioned on the prescription label.
- If you have any queries, consult your pharmacist or physician before starting this medicine.
- Avoid excessive alcohol consumption while on treatment with Tadaga 40mg.
- Also, do not consume any grapefruit products while taking this medicine.
- Activities such as driving or operating machinery etc. should be avoided after taking this medicine as it is likely to produce drowsiness.
Side Effects of
- Back Pain
These are common side effects observed after taking Tadaga 40mg. These side effects diminish after the drug is eliminated from the body. However, if any of these symptoms persist for a long period, call your physician at once and seek medical assistance.
What are the contraindications?
Do not take Tadaga 40mg in the following conditions-
- History of, heart attack, life-threatening irregular heartbeats, and stroke in the last six months
- History of sensitivity to its active or inactive components
- High or low blood pressure
- Kidney or liver dysfunction
- Bleeding disorders
- Vision complications
- Age below 18 years of age
Other drugs that interact with – Tadaga 40mg
Tadaga is tolerated in the majority of the men suffering from erectile dysfunction. However, it is better to avoid it if you are undergoing treatment with medicines such as nitroglycerin, tamsulosin, erythromycin, ritonavir, and other erectile dysfunction medications like Sildenafil citrate, Vardenafil, and Avanafil.